Not that we’re surprised but Tucson makes the news again! This time Buzzfeed author Anna Maria Glavan gives a glowing review of what makes Tucson the best city in Arizona. I mean, we know it, but it’s always nice to receive recognition from others.
Glavan lists 21 things that she believes makes Tucson the best city here in AZ. We’re going to look at a few to see if we agree! Actually, we’re just going to compare her list to ours and see how we do. Out of 21 reasons she lists, we’ve already covered these.
- Murals, near the top of her list was the mural hunt. It’s true, no matter where you go in Tucson you are bound to stumble across some amazing public art.
- San Xavier Del Bac, truly a landmark here in the Old Pueblo. Known as the “White Dove of the Desert” it’s a must see for locals and visitors alike.
- La Estrella Baker, not surprising. Recently acknowledged by the Washington post for their amazing Pan de Muerto.
- Saguaro National Park, this is a go to for hikers and photographers.
- Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, yup we have that one too. It’s a great place to see a lot of native flora and fauna in one place.
- The Mexican Cuisine, Glavan even taunts that “I bet Phoenix can’t call itself a city of gastronomy.”
- Historic 4th Avenue, a great place to find an eclectic slice of Tucson.
- Shopping, there is no shortage of great places to shop, seriously take your pick.
- Tucson Museum of Art, this museum is bigger on the inside. It has a surprising collection of both regional and contemporary art with some classics thrown in for good measure.
- The Mercado, including the MSA Annex. Sprawling open markets to find coffee, food, and of course more shopping.
- Raspados! Of course our favorite place to get them is Sonoran Delights.
Maria Glavan has got everything we have and more. It’s time for us to go out and round out our own list. We hope this list is tempting you to make a visit, and if you’re already a local go check out something new!
Check out the original article on Buzzfeed!