Tucson, with its 300+ days in the sun, is the perfect place to own a dog! There are lots of hiking trails and fun places to take your puppies, including Tucson Dog Parks. I bet you’re close to one right now! Keep reading to find out everything you need to know to have a great time with your furry little buddy.
The City of Tucson maintains seven dog parks. Five are subdivided into separate areas for either small or large dogs. Sometimes, our dog Baxter, just looking to play, can really intimidate a smaller dog, so the divisions prevent them from running into each other.
There is no charge to use the dog parks. Following the rules posted at each site is a must. Make sure your dog is under control at all times. If he is gonna act like a wild man, then you gotta keep him on the leash. Also, bring extra bags to pick up after your pets, you never know what they are going to get into.
|Location||Hours||Separate Large/Small Dog Areas|
|Christopher Columbus Park||6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.||Yes|
|Gene C. Reid Park: Miko’s Corner Playground||7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.|
(closed Thursdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. for maintenance)
|Jacobs Park||Dawn to Dusk||No|
|Morris K. Udall Park||6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.||Yes|
|Palo Verde Park||6:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m.||Yes|
|Purple Heart Park: Ivan’s Spot||7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.||Yes|
|North Sixth Avenue Dog Park||6:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m.||No|
Rules and Regulations
- Owners are responsible for the actions of their dogs.
- Open only one gate at a time when entering or leaving the facility.
- You cannot leave your children unattended.
- Dog owners must stay in the off-leash area within view of their dogs and have a leash within reach at all times.
- All dogs must wear collars with a current Pima County license and must be up-to-date on all vaccinations.
- All dogs must be leashed outside the boundaries of the off-leash area, including to and from the parking area.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted within the off-leash premises.
- If your dog shows any signs of aggression, you must leave the park immediately.
- A dog that is in season or ill is not permitted in the off-leash area.
- If you are the owner or handler, you must clean up dog waste immediately.
- Dogs must be under voice control – they should be able to obey owner voice commands.
- Your puppy must be on-leash if they’re under four months old.
- Owners are responsible for filling any holes their dogs may dig.
Have a great day!
Tony Ray 🙂